Point locations

Tips and tricks for using Geocart 3
HyeFye

Point locations

Post by HyeFye »

Hi there. Thrilled to see Geocart shipping at least.

I've been exploring the demo mode today. One thing in previous Geocart I used quite often was the ability to plot point locations by typing in coordinates. I know you could import lists, but you also could type them in under the "metric lines" menu and adjust their appearance in the "lines" window. This was the same place you could plot a great circle as well.

I can't find an ability to do this in the new Geocart. Looking through the manual, it seems I would have to write a database to put a dot on specific locations. True? Is there no other way to type in the coordinates of a few places and have it place a symbol at those locations?

Thanks, and it looks great so far.
daan
Site Admin

Re: Point locations

Post by daan »

Unfortunately we pared out metric lines, which includes "point location", from Geocart 3.0. So you are right; it's not there, and you would have to construct a typesetting database to get a reasonable replacement for the functionality. Restoring the remaining functionality of Geocart 2 is our first priority now that we've shipped. Apologies for the inconvenience.
daan
Site Admin

Re: Point locations

Post by daan »

These facilities are available now in Geocart 3.1, which you can get from the Downloads page.